Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Acrylic Beads: Cheap and Tacky or Smart?

One of the things that drives me crazy about chandelier earrings is that they are so darn heavy. I feel like they can rip through my earlobes with the slightest movement. Another pet peeve is that sometimes you want your jewelry design to have lots of "bling", but your customers are unable to afford above a certain price point, which is understandable in this economy.

I've always thought of acrylic beads as cheap, and reserved for lampshades and other home decor, but recently I have been very pleasantly surprised at the quality of acrylic beads out there. Using lightweight acrylic beads would solve the problems I've mentioned. There are some that are so high quality, you would swear they're real crystals. They're worth searching for, and unfortunately, many bead stores don't carry them.

I've been on a quest to find these types of acrylic beads, and have been successful. I will be selling them on LexiBeads. If you flip through fashion magazines, you'll see that many upscale jewelry designers like R.J.Graziano use acrylic beads in their designs often! Be on the lookout!

3 comments:

  1. I love these beads, the punch of color is just right for summer too! Accessorizing with these types of beads is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Ex for people who have sensitive ears and tend to stretch east ect. Lite weight is a must! And good quality is hard to come by sometimes. Too many places out there going with quantity over quality! Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete