Sunday, June 5, 2011

Welcome to LexiBeads!

Thanks for stopping by!  I have two stores on Etsy, LexiBeads and Alexis Studio Design. I've been addicted to beads and jewelrymaking since I was a little kid, and my mom would take me to these bead stores in Manhattan. She was looking for something to add to some dress she was making, but while she was browsing, I became lost in the aisles and aisles of beautiful, colorful, sparkly beads. She bought me a few beads and findings, (to shut me up), and I taught myself to make earrings, necklaces and bracelets. This continued through grammar school, high school, and college, where my friends would steal my handmade earrings.

Then it all came to a screeching halt...I got accepted into medical school. No time for anything but studying, much less hobbies. The hectic life never stopped. I married, had two kids, a medical practice, worked 80 hours a week...

One day I received a call from my younger daughter's first grade teacher. "Your daughter is here crying...she hasn't seen you in days". When I sat down and thought about it, she was right. By then, I was a divorced, single mom, so between my crazy hours, my being on call, her visits with Dad, she was right.

That was the day I resigned, and decided to stay home and raise my children. They have blossomed!
I also resumed my jewelry making passion, and started Alexis Studio Design, then LexiBeads. It's been a long haul, but I'll never have these years back with my children.

So, welcome!! I look forward to getting to know you guys better, and sharing some bead and jewelry talk, and maybe some other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment